Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Oh, Basil

As I'm sure you all are painfully aware, election time brings out a plethora of no talent ass clowns candidates vying for your vote.  There is one in particular who now has nationwide notariaty for his... um... way with words?  His presence?  All of the above? Whatever it is, he's got a certain jena se qua that has won my heart on many, many different levels.

If you haven't guessed by now, I'm talking about my new little love bucket, none other than Mr. Basil Marceaux Dot Com.

Ok so his last name isn't REALLY Dot Com contrary to what he would lead you to believe... he is a Republican (thank god) Gubernatorial candidate.  (SIDE BAR: I love the word "gubernatorial" so much I am seriously entertaining the thought of bestowing this name upon my first born.)  Basil has a lot to say and, unless you have a plethora of time on your hands, you won't be able to translate the majority of it... I could literally go one for days about what this gentleman has to say but I'll keep it short.


Here are two of my favorite "things of import" as written by Basil:


"My friends a beer stores say they must check 200 D/L a day that 400 minutes a day per clerk which is over 6 hours at $ 7.00 a hour that $ 42.00, with it mandatory then we must pay them."
-- Valid point, Mr. Marceaux, you must pay people to do their jobs.  I'm glad you noticed.


"Education ,let us put phonics back in school if you can not read you can not do History, Math, English. And that where we are now. Let make it mandatory in high school to read the minutes to the U.S. Congress , the Congressional Globe the real history of the U.S"
-- I was personally unaware that phonics was necessary for math, then again numbers were never my strong point...


In all honesty, I feel bad for this little fella.  I have a sneaking suspicion somebody -- HINT:  it rhymes with Smasil -- did/does a lot of drugs and hits the bottle a smidge too much.  Not to mention the fact that someone asshole(actually, at least 1000 of them)listened to what he had to say and how he said it and encouraged him to take this route.  I'm begging you to go to his website (it's linked up above).  Best of luck, Basil, may all your dreams of three striped flags come true.


  

No comments: