Monday, August 30, 2010

My dance skills are on par with Rick Astley's

HAPPY MONDAY! In case you didn't know we are down to a mere FIVE days until it's once again FOOTBALL TIME IN TENNESSEE! YAHOOOOOOOO!

This is what happiness looks like.
Football season makes me happy.  So, incredibly happy.  I don't have any plans for the first game yet but I'm seriously toying with the idea of making orange jello shots, sitting on my couch by myself and eating said jello shots.  Then I'll probably run out into my street screaming like a maniac after each first down / interception / touchdown.  I imagine that I will probably be pants-less and wearing only a jersey.  This image would be a lot better if I had a helmet of any sorts.  Because this is what should happen if you sit and eat jello shots / watch football by yourself.


In other news, I am once again dually employed.  I'm going to be working part time at a bookstore.  (Hip, hip hooray for discounts!  Though my heart will always live deep in the stacks of the used book store.)  Yesterday was my first day.  And it was interesting, to say the least.  I got there at 3 and I got home around 11.  They close at 7.  Oh, that's right there was a store meeting.  On my first day?  I choked on my drink at one point and thought about not fighting it.  THAT interesting.  Maybe I would have been more engaged if I had known what the fuuuck they were talking about but I doubt it.  I did hear one of the funniest short convos ever, though.

Cashier:  Would you like to donate a children's book to the school we are sponsoring today?
College girl: Um... I don't have a book.
Cashier:  *looks around blankly* Well, we have children's books here.

Did I mention I work in a BOOK store?  Ay, ay, ay.  Some people truly amaze me.

I feel like I should share something with everyone.  I'm obsessed with reality TV.  Ob-freaking-sessed.  Last year I started watching this glorious show called Dating in the Dark.  Three boys and three girls meet in a blacked out room on a "group date" then they decide who they like and go on single dates with these whomever they deem worthy of their affection.  The majority of the show is terminally boring... until they get to see what the person looks like.  They don't immediately turn on the lights.  The other person can't see the others reaction.  And, typically, it is HILARIOUS.  There some unfortunate looking people on this show.  It's on right now.  I must go watch it.  


Hope everyone has a beautiful week.  Love you.  So does Rick Astley.  He told me.


No comments: