Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Friends don't let friends drink and blog

Today is the hottest day of all time.  I don't think that the Guinness book of world records would back me up on this and it's probably not entirely true but let's look past that... Semantics, people, it's all about semantics.  And, as luck would have it, my power went out. Granted the sun was down and it could have been way worse, it still was not a pleasant time.


I had a quite lengthy Tuesday blog written for this Tuesday... the most wretched of days.  Alas, MLGW sucks.  Balls.  Of a goat.  And for some reason this website didn't save it.  I'm still getting the hang of this shiz.. so bear with me.  I suppose I will do a brief synopsis of what I had written.  Thanks to Do for not only being within walking distance but also for being open and serving me a few glasses of wine.  Please excuse any grammatical errors and/or spelling errors.


Let's see:  I hate Tuesdays.  To me, a Tuesday is much like turning 23, or 24... I imagine that it will be the same as turning any age ending in anything other than a 0 or a 5.  It's insignificant.  It's boring.  Nothing about Tuesdays are exciting or lively.  Know what else annoys me about this stupid day?  Some people pronounce it "Cheeeeeeewsday" and that makes me nauseous.  Same with when people pronounce both the "w" AND the "h" in words... like cool hawwwhhhip.  I don't know nor do I care if that's how it is supposed to be said, I'm not a fan.


In addition to today being the hottest day ever and my power going out, the latest in the trifecta of abandonment happened this morning.  Ok.  I'm being melodramatic.  I don't have abandonment issues.  I just like it when the people I want around are actually around.  Two out of the four co-workers I talk to with any sort of regularity are out this WHOLE week and Gracie left this morning until Sunday.  These are three of the people I count on getting me through every day.  At least every work day.  Two thumbs down, ladies and gent, two thumbs waaaaaay down.


There are lots of things I like about today... I don't want you to think I'm completely a Negative Nancy.  Would you like a list of things I'm currently diggin'?  Oh, you would? Perrrrrrrfect:




  1. Tomorrow is Wednesday.  Wednesday is the middle of the week.  The middle of the week is close to the end of the week.
  2. Haiku Bridge wine.  And in honor or this wine, a haiku just for you:
Tuesdays suck, I think
Speidi is getting divorced
Happy Wednesday.

-- I know, I've truly missed my calling in life as a professional haiku-ist.
      3.  I've said it before and I'll say it again:  if Willis Carrier, i.e. the inventor of the modern day air conditioner were alive, I would totally - I'm talking no doubt in my mind - have his baby.  
      4.  The promise of presents from my mother tomorrow.  What can I say?  When you are the favorite child, you get lots of gifts.  It's something I've come to terms with...
      5.  Can't forget about this little gem:  

Covergirl Lip Stain in "Blushing"
    6.  Old Crow Medicine Show.  I wish the guys would come back to Memphis again.

Time for bed.  I love you.  I love you all.

smooches.



No comments: