Monday, August 2, 2010

Books, books, books

First things first:

HAPPY, HAPPY SHARK WEEK!!!

Other than psych week, this maybe one of my favorite weeks of the year.

I've decided to try and tackle picking out some of my books as one of my first tasks.  Recently I've only been able to really get into books about subjects I know nothing about... like being an addict or um... being black.  As my wishlist as gotten larger on Amazon.com, so has their suggestions to me.  If there was an actual person behind these suggestions, I'm sure they'd think I was a complete loon.  They have suggested that I pick up at least two dozen books about Obama (and I'm sure they are great and I know I like to read about black people... but, to my knowledge, he doesn't have a meth addiction or any serious mental problems- so no thanks).  Thankfully my bestie, Gracie, likes to read about other people's lives too.  Give me some suggestions since I mentioned you... sorry it took me until my fourth blog!

My list is getting ridiculously long.  I'm beginning to wish I had a kindle so I won't have to kill so many trees but there is something so magical about getting a new book (especially if it a used book).  I love the way smell and feel... ahhh, it's heaven.

Here are some of the books I'm going to read:
The Flock - Thanks, Lorea!  This one looks right up my alley! And I miss you, mama... and killing you in James Bond... and family game night! XOXOXOXOXOXO
Leaving Dirty Jersey: A Crystal Meth Memoir - two things I love hate but will never understand Jersey and meth.
Orange is the New Black
Ten Degrees of Reckoning: The True Story of a Family's Love and Will to Survive

Time to get back to work... I posted Sheryl Crow's cover below... Happy Monday, lovers.

Side note:  I'm currently blogging at starbucks since they recently decided to have free wi-fi... cliche, I know.  They are playing Sheryl Crow's new cd... one song I really liked - it's a cover of Citizen Cope's "Sideways."  Apparently she also decided to cover the Jackson 5's "I want you back?"  Bad idea, Sheryl.




No comments: