Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I wish I had some parachute pants.


Guess what I just realized??  It's been 13 weeks since I quit smoking!  (Three months but 13 weeks sounds like more.)  I'm not going to lie to you.  I have stolen a drag every now and again... but it tastes a lot like donkey ass.  Or so I imagine.  Know what else has started to make me want to vom?  When people walk past you and smell like they've been straight up chilling in a smoke filled room and wash their clothes in an ash tray. Barf-o-rama.  Would you like to know the benefits from quitting smoking?  It just so happens there are a wide variety of websites that would like to share these facts with you... here are the highlights from thus far in my journey:






20 minutes after quitting: Your heart rate and blood pressure drops.
12 hours after quitting: The carbon monoxide level in your blood drops to normal.
2 weeks to 3 months after quitting: Your circulation improves and your lung function increases.
What these websites fail to mention is that you don't stink.  Your teeth aren't going to be yellow and rotten when you get old (assuming you don't pick up an addiction to meth).  You'll get fewer wrinkles.  Clearly these are the only real reasons I care about... who wants to look old as balls with no teeth and smell like Virginia Slims?  Double EW.  Vanity aside, I miss smoking.  I didn't hate it at all.  {Plus it makes you look cool, right?} But I'm not going to pick it back up.  I'll spend all the time / money I used on smoking to find some way to trick people into thinking I'm a BAMF.
Moving on, I've been working my second job for what - a week and a half now?  I just finished my third shift and I'm already completely fucking over it.  For reals.  OV.  I guess I'd forgotten how draining it is to be gone from 7:30 am until at least 10 pm?  Maybe I'm just realizing how much I enjoy coming home and taking off my stupid pants (figuratively, obvi... pants are stupid) and my pretty - yet painful - shoes.  This bookstore job sounded a lot better than it is.  I'm working in the cafe and when I say it's boring - that's like saying Palin is an idiot.  Tragic understatement.  Fucking tragic.  I have decided to stick it out for at least a month to see if it's worth it.  It's going to be worth it, right?

What I'm thankful for today:


  1. My daily chats with Gracie.  We talk several times a day and somehow always manage to find something to talk about.  Loves it.
  2. Ipods / earphones.  Basically anything involving music that takes attention away from the mind numbing conversations happening around me at any time.
  3. Oxford shirts
  4. My ability to read 3 books at a time.
  5. MC Hammer.
Hope all you beauties have a wonderful Thursday.  Love you.  Mean it.

No comments: