Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I want to put on my my my my my boogie shoes.

Oversleeping can put a serious damper in my day.  Especially when I have to wear my hair curly in public.  I get that some people would kill to have curly hair but I feel like I have a fucking chia pet on top of my head.  I feel like a douche for a few hours but I'm over it by lunch time.  Shoes, on the other hand, well... shoes are completely different.


This morning was rough.  I overslept, forcing myself to head to work with my curly afro.  I slammed my fingers in my closet door, couldn't find my belt OR my giraffe print peep toe heels... bummer.  I settle for a pair of yellow peep toe flats.  Big mistake.  Biiiiig mistake.
What I wanted...
What I settled for... kind of.
I bebop down the road, rocking out to my latest musical downloads (Annie Lennox and Backstreet Boys) and I hit every single red light.  Literally.  I live a little more than 5 miles away from work - but there are at least 17 stop lights. Seventeen red lights and a borderline illegal number of expletives later, I arrive at work only to find out that I will be killing 8 hours doing little more than picking my nose.  I somehow find enough work to last until my lunch break where I have to call MLGW because they, once again, fucked up my bill.  After being on hold for 45 minutes, I slip on a spare pair of 5 inch black pumps sitting in my front and seat and my entire day changed.  Completely.  Now, I didn't go back inside and find out I had a lot of work on my desk to occupy my last 3 hours.  Nor was Alexander Skarsgard waiting to whisk me away on a romantic vacation.  But my mood was completely changed.  I'm going to say it's because was 5 inches closer to enlightenment... 

My love for shoes is irrational.  And intense.  Unfortunately, I'm poor.  Here are two gems off of my wish list.  Feel free to donate to the cause...


Steve Madden, Macy's $126
Steve Madden, Zappos, $117






Get down, girl.  Go 'head - get down.

No comments: