Sunday, December 12, 2010

Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?

I always think that I love cold weather... every year I get ridiculously excited about fall and then about winter.  Then winter hits and I'm cursing the fact that I can't go outside without wondering if I am going to die of hypothermia.  I live in the south.  It's not supposed to be cold for any prolonged period of time.  We are only to freeze for a week or so in January then relish the 40 degree weather the rest of the season.  We are supposed to watch the weather {Ron Childers is the MAN} and chuckle when we hear about the coldness hitting the rest of the country.  Not this year, my friends.  This year has been too cold for my liking.  Unless I have someone who can warm up my car and bring me a steaming cup of coffee every morning, I'm not a fan of this weather.  I am, on the other hand, a pretty big fan of the holiday season.  Here's a few reasons why:

1.  The Madonna Christmas program:  I've gone the past 3 or 4 years and there is little in life that makes me so happy.  G's little sister Ivy is the only main reason I go.  To say I love her is putting it as mildly as I possibly can.  Ivy is the cutest, most hilarious person I know.



2.  Starry Nights at Shelby Farms:  It starts the day after Thanksgiving and goes through January 2.  It's $20 a car and is so wonderful.  You drive through the park and see some awesome lights.  My mom, aunt Laura, cousin, grandma and I go to dinner before hand then go see the lights.  My favorite is driving through this little area...

3.  Zoo lights and ice skating:  Ok, so I haven't done either one of these... It's been a hot minute since I've done zoo lights and the ice skating just started this year.  It's $5 for the zoo lights and $6 for the ice skating (that includes rentals).  I cannot wait to talk one of my friends into doing this with me.

4.  Scarves, gloves, coats, etc.  I love bundling up.  Especially if I'm just going to hanging out around my house.  I've done way too much of that this weekend.

5.  Christmas movies.  I love holiday happiness.  I love ABC Family and Lifetime even more this time of year.  Here are a few of my favs:

Duh.

Don't judge me.

Double duh.
I'll probably be posting again later this afternoon.  Maybe some gift ideas?  For me or one of your like-minded, mentally deranged friends?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I just watched "Elf" yesterday! I agree that it's too fracking cold this year... I saw it snowing this afternoon! I'm ready for spring to get here.

Tara said...

It is strange, I do not like Will Ferrel, and I do not like Christmas movies... so you would think both of them together in the movie Elf would make it the worst movie ever in my mind. Nope. For some reason, my dislike of them both cancels my dislike altogether. I actually really like Elf, and I can never figure out why...

Maggie said...

i will absolutely go to zoo light and ice skate with you (aka fall on my ass, a lot)! i think it would be a super fun adventure. as long as a little bit of booze is involved to ease the falls of course...